Went to the temples with my friends

Tuesday, March 20, 2001


Wat Arun - Temple of the Dawn
Cat didn't have any final exams today so she took us with her mom and Uncle Q to see some of Thailand's most beautiful temples. We got to see the Grand Palace; Wat Po, Temple of the Reclining Buddha; Wat Phra Kaew, Temple of the Emerald Buddha; and Wat Arun, Temple of the Dawn

Wat Phra Kaew - Temple of Emerald Buddha
My friends and her mom

 Her mom is very religious. We had the opportunity to wai with her at one of the shrines there. Wai is the Thai way of greeting and showing respect, indicated by pressing your palms together near your chest and bowing. It was the first time that I went to a Budhist temple. It was very special because Cat was right there beside me. I prayed silently that during my time here, our physical bond would be as strong as can be. Later in the day, Cat told me that she prayed for us to stay together for a very long time.

Wat Po - Temple of the Reclining Buddha
Maboonkrong Center Bangkok Shopping Guide













Cat's mom and Uncle Q went home in the early afternoon. The five of us squeezed into Cat's Honda Civic Type Z, and went to meet my friend Kho's Thai pen pal. They took us to MBK Center, Maboonkrong Center, located at Phayathai Road, Pathumwan.

MBK Center is a huge shopping mall with eight floors packed with 2,000 shops that sell everything from clothing, fashion accessories, handbags, leather products and luggage to furniture, mobile phones, electric appliances, cameras, stationery and DVD's, and many more.

We spend about three hours browsing most of the shops but nobody bought anything.  One of my friend was hoping to run into a Thai superstar but we didn't meet any.