Went to the temples with her friends

Sunday, April 8, 2001


Grand Palace
Today, Cat and I went with her friends Toy and Maew to the same temples I went with my friends a few weeks ago. Last time when I went with my friends, I didn't bring my camera and Cat promised she would take me again so I can take pictures.

It was a very hot day with lots of people, especially tourists or farangs as Thais refer to them. I brought three rolls of films and we used all of it. I forgot that there is a Hmong boy from Chiang Rai that my friends tried to hook me up with. He really wants me to go with my friends up north so we can meet.  Anyways he called me on Cat's phone while we were taking pictures and said he will come to Bangkok if I don't go up north. He wants us to pick him up at the bus station when he arrives. I didn’t know what to tell him because I know he cannot stay with us in the same house and I don't have time for him either with Cat around. Cat wasn't happy when I told her that he was thinking about coming. I don't think he will come though. Cat wants us to travel down south on April 12th to celebrate the Songkran New Year there, so definitely no time for him!

We all took the bus home around 3:00 pm but her friends got off on their stops. Actually Cat and I went to MBK Center after her friends were gone. She was looking for something for her pager but didn't find anything. We then went to the food court and ate papaya salad and pork noodles. We didn't want to come home early so we decided to go see a movie. We watched “Save The Last Dance.”  We got a "Behind the Painting" Thai movie picture frame with our popcorn and soda purchased. We came home after the movie, took a shower, and went to help her mom at her work.