Visa extension

Tuesday, April 10, 2001

Cat woke me up at 9 am because we had to go find this place where I can extend my visa. Her mom said the office will close at 11 am for lunch and open again later.

Cat's mom and Uncle Q drove us to this office building. But when we went inside and asked, they told us they don’t do visas. They directed us to another building across the street called Immigration and Naturalization Service but this place doesn't do visa extension either. They told us to go to the Immigration Bureau office.

When we reached the Immigration Bureau office, Cat and I went inside and I filled out an application. But before I could submit it, they closed for lunch. So we walked across the street to eat noodles for lunch too. We went back to the office at 12:30 pm to wait. While waiting, this guy sitting next to us said I also need two photos with the application.  We had to go across the street again to a Kodak shop to get my picture taken. We got back just in time for the office to open.

When my turn came, I went up to the counter, gave the agent everything, and he took a quick look at it, and stamped June 15, 2001 on it. It was easier than I thought! The processing fee was 500 Baht. I used my own money to pay but Cat's mom gave me 500 Baht when we got home. I feel so loved by her mom. 

Around 3 pm, Cat and I went to Konica, a photo shop. She wanted reprints of the pictures we took at the temples with her friends.  After this, we went to Carrefour. Carrefour is a store chain just like Tesco Lotus. I bought a few things including two t-shirts, one short, and a wrist watch. We spent about 3000 Baht which equals 66 USD.

When we got home, we went upstairs to sweep the floors. We played with each other and her brother came up to get something. I don't know if he saw anything. After he went back down, we laid on the floor because we were tired.

I will call the airline tomorrow and extend my ticket. I also called my mom and she wanted me to go home!