Something for mom

Monday, April 9, 2001

We woke up early but didn’t feel like getting out of bed. Cat had to send her sister to school but came back to bed again when she got home. We didn't sleep but instead fooled around with each other. I had a really weird dream about the Hmong boy in Chiang Rai.

We finally decide to get up and went downstairs at 11 am. We ate breakfast, took showers, and went to stay at her mom's work. I gave $300 USD for her mom to exchange it for me. Now the current rate is 45.40 Baht for 1 USD. We watched TV and Cat recopied a letter that I wrote and wanted to send to my uncle in Saraburi. She has very nice handwriting! I had him made two silver bracelets for us but it was too big so I need him to resize it again.

Around 4 pm, we took a Tuk Tuk taxi to the post office to send my letter. We ate pork noodles at a nearby vendor for dinner. When we got back home, her mom gave me 13,600 Baht; the money I gave her to exchange. Then at 6:30 pm, we walked to the Kodak shop to pick up our pictures we dropped off earlier for development. We took another Tuk Tuk taxi to Tesco Lotus. Tesco Lotus is a hypermarket chain located everywhere in Thailand, and is similar to Walmart Supercenter in the U.S.

I wanted to buy a gift at Tesco Lotus for her mom and aunt but when I asked her for ideas, she kept telling me not to buy anything. She got me really pissed and I told her I wanted to come home. We walked home, it wasn't far!

Right now I am upstairs and writing this. She's lying here next to me, talking on the phone.